1. Privacy at CMC+CO
2. What is personal information?
3. What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information in order to provide our services and solutions, to conduct our business and to improve our products, services, and customer service.
The types of personal information we collect will depend on how you interact with us. Typically, we collect the following personal information:
- business e-mail address;
- business phone number;
- company name;
If your organization is a CMC+CO client and you do not agree to provide us with your personal information, this may limit our ability to provide our services and solutions to your organization.
4. How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information in various situations, including the following:
- when you use our services;
- when we respond to your inquiries and requests;
- during conversations or email exchanges between you and our representatives;
- when we obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services;
- when we conduct our administrative and business functions;
- when we market our solutions and services to you; and
- through your access and use of our websites;
We may at times obtain personal information that relates to you through third parties. For example, we may collect information from public databases, business partners, or third parties that provide related services, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
5. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to send communications;
- to establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships;
- to respond to inquiries and requests;
- to develop, provide, and improve our services and solutions;
- to inform you about our services and solutions;
- to obtain feedback from you on our services and solutions;
- to provide you with a more personalized experience when you interact with us;
- to conduct administrative and business functions;
- to update our records and keep contact details up to date;
- to assess the performance of our websites and to improve their operation;
- to process and respond to privacy complaints;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator; in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country; or as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
6. To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors, suppliers, and other third parties who provide business, marketing, and other services to us;
- a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock; and
- regulators, courts/tribunals, and other governmental authorities of any country, or other recipients as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
We do not provide your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their third-party direct marketing purposes.
7. Do we disclose personal information to recipients in other countries?
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where CMC+CO has facilities or where we engage service providers. Some of these countries may have different data protection rules than your country of residence.
8. How do we store and secure personal information?
We seek to take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards.
CMC+CO’s websites are linked to the internet, and as the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
9. Using our websites
Any activity you participate in on our websites may be monitored. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
10. Retention period
12. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is being handled by CMC+CO, please contact us as follows:
Phone: +1 416 312 4221